If so, please consider submitting your original artwork to our online competition for a chance to be showcased in the Friends of Fairview Library’s “Artistic Visions of Fairview” 2022 calendar! The printed calendar will be available in November, and sales will benefit The Fairview Public Library and Fairview Arts Council.
This year’s calendar theme is “Artistic Visions of Fairview.” We are looking for high-quality original art to represent our amazing community. We welcome artworks in any visual medium that illustrate this theme.
Once all submissions have been received, 12 artworks will be chosen by a juried selection with winners announced mid-September.
• Must be 16 years of age or older.
• Must live in or near Fairview, Tennessee (37062 & surrounding area codes).
If you are in the Fairview Arts Council Facebook group, you’re eligible.
If you’re not sure, just ask!
• Visual Impact
• Technical Quality & Composition
• Interpretation of the Theme (Visions of Fairview)
• Please submit your images in the highest resolution possible. If you need assistance with this, please let us know.
• Images must be submitted as a JPEG or TIFF.
• Please submit your images with the filename in this format: NAME_TITLE_DIMENSIONS.
• Submitted images must be in landscape (horizontal) orientation.
• The printed calendar will be 11″x8.5″ horizontal, so any images not fitting proportionally within that space may be subject to cropping.
• Applications Open – August 8, 2021
• Submission Deadline – September 10, 2021
• Juried Selections – September 11-15, 2021
• Winners Announced – September 17, 2021
• Calendars Available – November 1, 2021
WHO ARE THE JURORS?
• Aaron Grayum – Artist & Communications Director, Fairview Arts Council
• Mark McCormack – Past President, Fairview Area Chamber of Commerce
• Michelle Vinci – Visual Art Instructor, Fairview Middle School
• Sarah Lauricella – Fairview Family & Community Education (FCE)
• Becca Ganick & Michelle Herbert – Shimai Gallery of Contemporary Craft
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for the images you enter. You will retain copyright of your entries.
• By entering your images into the competition, you grant permission to Friends of Fairview Library and Fairview Arts Council a non-exclusive license to reproduce your artwork in the 2022 Calendar itself, as well as in any publications, websites, and social media outlets for the purposes of education, publicity, and promotion of the Calendar. Due credit will be given to the entrant each time his/her artwork is used, wherever feasible.
• Since this Calendar is solely part of a fundraising project, we are unable to provide monetary compensation at this time, and artists should view their granting of this license as a donation to the organizations.
• The Friends of Fairview Library and Fairview Arts Council reserve the right to cancel, modify, suspend or delay the Calendar Contest in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
• If your images features any person or people, they should be aware that they are the subject of your art, and written permission should be obtained from all involved (or their parent’s/guardian’s permission if under 16) for entry in the competition. If it is clear that the people are not aware of their participation, or are embarrassed in any way by any entry we receive, we reserve the right to disqualify the entry.
• No purchase necessary. Competition void where prohibited.
• All decisions are final.